You may think that MRP manufacturing software is expensive, but this isn’t always the case.
There are a range of affordable options out there. Typically systems are based on the size of your business, and whether or not you have any specific requirements or customisations that need to be added to make the software work around your business model.
In the UK, there are over 200 different MRP manufacturing software platforms to choose from, and even more internationally, including our very own Statii MRP solution of course. However, sometimes small to medium size enterprises (or SMEs for short) find it hard to find the right solution for their business and budget. As so many software developers are focused on big, multi million pound enterprises many are simply not interested in working on smaller campaigns.
At Statii we’ve specifically designed our products to be build for the modern manufacturing business, with a focus on making our software compatible for businesses small and large, with affordable pricing options for both.
Factors When Choosing The Right MRP Manufacturing Software
Several factors must be considered when choosing a MRP software system that is a good fit for your manufacturing business. If these factors are left to chance, then it is likely that your new MRP system will fail at the first hurdle.
It is important for you to identify the needs of your business, and match these with the right type of MRP manufacturing software system to ensure a smooth transition.
- Large Businesses – Need to manage bit financials, track lots of purchases and multiple different incomings and outgoings all at once
- Small Businesses – Have fewer purchases, smaller accounts and less overheads in general, but less income overall
- Large Businesses – Generally have more than 200+ members of staff, most will have to use the MRP system on a daily basis, so it must be user friendly. The software will need to have compatibility across multiple departments, perhaps across many different buildings or a complex.
- Small Businesses – Generally have fewer than 200 employees, with a smaller working space and this makes it easier to install and train users on the MRP system.
- Supply Chain
- Important for businesses of all sizes to be able to manage and improve the reliability of their supply chain.
- Large Businesses – Need MRP to be able to cope with many different complex scheduling processes to reduce downtime
- Small Businesses – Need an MRP system that is agile enough to be able to keep up to speed with ever changing work environments
- Materials Handling
- Varies on the amount of materials coming into the businesses. A big business can have fewer materials but a more expensive product, but a small business can have thousands of affordably priced parts. A good MRP system should be able to handle both circumstances more than adequately.
The general consensus in the industry, is that large businesses invest in really hi-tech solutions, with smaller businesses focusing their systems on improving reliability and custom experience to ensure repeat custom and growth for their business.
In short, there really isn’t a one size fits all solution. MRP manufacturing software must be able to adapt to the short and long term needs of the business in order to be a success. With this in mind it is important to find an MRP manufacturing software package that is developed and can be optimised by manufacturing experts to meet your exact needs, regardless of your size.
This really is where Statii comes into its own. Our system is developed by manufacturing specialists of over 20 years, together with expert software developers forming the perfect combination between a hi-tech software system and an innovative solution that matches up with your individual requirements. An out of the box solution, Statii gives businesses of all sizes the chance to grow and increase their bottom line profit.
Don’t just take our word for it! See what some of our past and present clients have had to say about Statii on our testimonials page.
As you can see, there is some crossover between the priorities of large and small manufacturing businesses, but there are also some key differences. Apart from the obvious differences in scale, there are one or two aspects that deserve closer inspection.
Smaller Businesses Should Choose Cloud Based MRP
Cloud based MRP systems are proving really popular with manufacturers of all sizes, but especially those smaller manufacturing businesses who need an agile, flexible and fairly priced system. With limited up front cost, cloud MRP can be an affordably priced solution for a business that needs to manage its cost, whilst demanding fast growth and
With cloud based MRP, there’s no need to have a complicated installation, so the cost of running and supporting the system are kept to a minimum. Tech support costs are usually covered in a cloud based package, and training/consultation can sometimes be added depending on whether or not it is needed. Most of this can be done remotely, which again decreases the cost of the MRP manufacturing software overall.
Use MRP Manufacturing Software From Statii Today
With numerous advantages, Statii is perfectly poised to become your business’s key to success. Simply give us a call today or fill out an online enquiry form and we can work with you to ensure that your business stays on top of its game for years to come, providing sustained, consistent growth as your company develops and expands.