How ERP Systems Reduce Costs & Improve Profits for SMEs
Small and medium-sized manufacturing businesses often face challenges with maintaining their position in the marketplace and need to overcome these before they can make more money. ERP systems (Enterprise Resource Planning) have evolved from MRP software (Material Requirements Planning) to incorporate all the functions required in the management of manufacturing operations.
ERP software is a simple and sustainable solution to increase productivity and streamline processes in a cost-effective way. An ERP system combines manufacturing management functions into one central place. This includes all aspects of the production process from initial quotations through to invoice payment.
It creates an organised workflow for your business and also incorporates other important functions such as employee performance monitoring and interlinked accountancy tools.
Implementing the software can reduce administrative and operational costs as well as enhancing information sharing across your company.
Statii software provides simple, secure and unique MRP and ERP systems which can be tailored to business needs. Our wealth of experience in the manufacturing industry led us to design our software specifically for SMEs, as we understand the challenges you face and what you need to grow your business.
We never give our customers the hard sell, so if you’d like some more information about our ERP software and how it can help you become more successful, call us on 01623 749 739.
We never give customers the hard sell, having been where you are today. If you would like some more information about how Statii software works and how it can benefit your business, get in touch on 01623 749 739.
Operational Challenges Faced by Manufacturing Companies
Manufacturing companies face increasing pressures to maintain their position in a competitive marketplace. This can increase the challenges faced by SMEs who need to ensure their operational processes are as efficient as possible.
- Lack of cohesion in the manufacturing workflow – A disorganised workflow can reduce productivity and increase wastage costs. It also risks harming your reputation with customers if inaccurate scheduling leads to broken promises and failure to deliver goods on time.
- Duplication of tasks – Lack of information sharing means tasks are often duplicated across departments which is an inefficient way to spend time. It also creates difficulty in tying together relevant information which creates frustration and can lead to errors.
- Reliance on one individual – It’s often up to small business owners to keep track of overall business operations in their company. This can make it difficult for other individuals in the business who are unable to see a clear picture of a company’s position or easily access information they need for their role. It also relies on one person to analyse success and predict growth in the business which is quite an ask when you’re snowed under with other projects.
Companies looking to find solutions to these hurdles have found improved performance levels when implementing an MRP system.
The introduction of MRP systems (Material Requirements Planning) transformed the manufacturing industry. It helped companies maintain production at desired levels by introducing control over the materials involved in the manufacturing process.
From an order being place, this simple software is able to work out the materials needed for the configuration of each product and help create a schedule for its manufacture. However, with more functions involved in the process, ERP software soon evolved which could incorporate more of these aspects.
The Evolution of MRP Software into ERP Systems
ERP systems (Enterprise Resource Planning) evolved to create an overall picture of the manufacturing process while incorporating all the functions required across the business. This includes accounting functions, supply chains and aspects of human resources involved in manufacturing operations.
The software works by bringing all the necessary functions into one centralised place, helping businesses to coordinate their processes, information and resources. Essential features of ERP systems include:
- customer & supplier information
- purchase order, delivery notes & invoices
- sales orders
- production planning & scheduling
- workflow overview
- diary functions
- data collection from the shop floor
- employee information & reports
This single database ensures each function is interlinked so you can access the information you need to create efficient processes and enhanced information sharing. The success of ERP software in the manufacturing industry has led to its introduction into other sectors who want to use the same principles for their business operations.
The flexibility of the software means that you can get tailored ERP systems for your individual business setup, so you’ll only have access to relevant and necessary functions. ERP software has allowed small and medium-sized manufacturing companies to keep up with their competitors.
The Benefits of ERP Systems for SMEs
By taking advantage of this simple software, businesses can reap the benefits which come with its implementation.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction – ERP systems can help a business build a solid reputation with its customers. Too often, businesses over-promise customers and under-deliver. In these cases, customers are left disappointed, angry and will be reluctant to use the service again. Disorganised workflow and inaccurate scheduling can result in this happening. ERP software enhances the customer experience by creating accurate timescales and an efficient process, so the final products can be manufactured and delivered in a timely fashion. Successfully fulfilling promises will result in increased customer satisfaction levels, enhancing your credibility and encouraging them to use your company again.
- Reduce Your Costs – While there’s usually a monthly cost to using ERP software and it will take a little time to initially implement, the time saved from using an ERP system will save your business money in a variety of ways.
- Reduced time spent on administrative tasks
- Streamlined processes
- Maintain the lowest possible material and product levels
- Fewer capital costs
- Reduced wastage
- Fewer errors
- Less need for expensive third party applications
- Decrease manual entry
- Create Efficient Processes – Businesses who implement ERP systems will find their productivity increases and manufacturing management becomes more efficient than ever. Information sharing across roles and departments eliminates the duplication of tasks, data entry and analysis. The increased cohesion across the business will allow the company to act as one body, effectively managing the manufacturing process as a result. The software also allows for the automation of many processes which currently take up time. Information can now be easily found and tied together, creating a digital workflow which is simple, clear and accurate. It also allows for outstanding issues and tasks to be tracked, reducing errors and creating an open workflow until a job is closed.
- Grow Your Business – By centralising data, ERP systems have made it easier than ever to see an accurate overview of the manufacturing process at any given time. A job can be tracked from initial quotation right though to schedules, production, delivery, invoice and payment. It’s important to be able to see all aspects of your manufacturing operations in order to analyse success, understand your company’s true position and measure estimated profit against actuals. Being able to proactively forecast growth will result in fast and accurate decisions being made. Business growth can be easily managed, preventing delays and maintaining your reputation with customers.The benefits are endless for companies who implement the software as long as they use it to its full potential and maximise the features available. Time spent initially implementing the software is well worth the results it can help you achieve, supporting your company to become as successful as it can be. This can be measured through improvements in a company’s bottom line and improved profits.
Why Choose Statii Software?
DESIGNED BY MANUFACTURERS
Rather than being created by software developers with little knowledge of the manufacturing industry, Statii has been developed by manufacturers for manufacturers. Our backgrounds include a wealth of experience in the manufacturing and engineering industries, leading us to create software perfect for companies in these sectors. We also specialise in providing ERP systems to SMEs, meaning you can tailor the software to your business setup. We understand the challenges you’re facing and can support you using our expertise. We’ve designed the software to only incorporate necessary features while there are no hidden support costs or significant upfront investment required.
SUSTAINABLE ERP SOFTWARE
Breaking the boundaries of conventional ERP systems, our unique software is continually developed using updates and feedback from our hundreds of customers across the UK and abroad. Our continuous enhancement of the software means we create a sustainable system which will only improve. This is essential for you to remain competitive and can adapt the software to your ever-changing needs in the marketplace.
EXPERT SUPPORT AVAILABLE
Our simple, sophisticated software has been created with ease of use in mind. Providing a common interface across the company allows for enhanced understanding of each function and reduce the time spent on training. However, our experts are at hand, with most of our packages including unlimited phone and telephone support and online training to get you started. There’s also the option to add on-premises training to your package if that would suit you better as a company. We’ve also created several tools to help you including a demo video of our software and a seven-day test drive to see if it’s the right ERP software for you.
With a rolling one-month contract, you’ll never feel tied in to a long term commitment, and you can cancel your contract at any time. We also offer customers use of a powerful Statii Liite tool which gives users a chance to use some of our basic features completely free of charge. You’ll be able to get acquainted with our software and see how it can benefit your business. With a range of packages available for you to choose from, you can select the right one for your business needs and leave room for scalability should you experience business growth.
We use a world class leading server provider, ensuring levels of data security not often achieved via internal methods. Secure server locations minimise the risk of lost or stolen data and high security levels means your information can’t be seen or accessed by those without permission.
Finding the Right ERP Software Company
When considering using ERP software, the next steps are to work out what your individual business needs are and what challenges you need to overcome. Bring in others to understand your company position and you’ll be able to form your joint goals. You can then look for a company which can provide you with ERP software that meets such objectives.
Here at Statii, we specialise in providing MRP and ERP software to manufacturing SMEs, giving you a full overview of your manufacturing operations, so you can successfully manage them with ease. Our simple and unique ERP system, integrates the functions you require as a small or medium-sized company to increase your efficiency as much as possible.
Our ERP functions include:
- The Dashboard – a simple snapshot of your live business position
- Customers & Suppliers – maintenance and sharing of customer & supplier data
- Enquiry/Quotation – build quotes to include stocked items, bought in goods, estimated budgets and internal operations
- Sales Orders – the hub of the entire business, linking all relevant documents
- Works Orders – job management
- Purchase Orders – generate POs and measure supplier performance
- Route Cards – operational level of instructions for the shop floor
- Shop Floor Data Collection – capturing the labour data for each project
- Inventory – management of all inventory items
- Scheduling – make informed decisions regarding production times and scheduling
- Diary – allowing communication between users and highlighting outstanding matters
- Personnel – measuring efficiencies of operatives as well as reports required for salary calculations such as time and attendance data
- Delivery Notes – clear & concise delivery information
- Invoicing – simple & quick invoicing information can be integrated with accounts software
What to Do Next
Once you’ve decide to explore ERP systems for your business, you’ll need to take the next steps. Always keep an open mind to embracing positive changes, while being aware that it will take time to initially implement such changes. We’ll support you throughout, providing expert advice to ensure you maximise the software’s potential.
Get in Touch
Call us on 01623 749 739 for expert advice and support about Statii ERP systems.
- Our expert advisors will never give you the hard sell and have been where you are today, so can explain exactly what ERP systems can do for your company.
- Make use of all the tools and information on our website.
- Take a look at the various packages we offer and what they include, thinking about which meets your individual business requirements.
- Get in touch with our team to find out more.